Sometimes getting back to the essentials and basics is important. I find I need to stop all “input” once in a while because it only adds to any frustration I may be experiencing if I’ve let things build up too long. If I can’t get quiet to hear my own thoughts or feel my heart – it’s time to take a break.
Getting stressed makes things worse. Finding a neutral space, letting go of all the stress isn’t always easy to do once one has passed a certain point and reacting to things. I can’t listen to the news for more than 30 seconds without feeling stressed! So many lies – my truth meter gets overloaded! So I turn it off it when it comes on. It does help!
It’s really all about doing the best we can. So here are some essentials I find useful:
5 Essentials for Emotional Health
Keeping our emotional health in check is vital now-a-days with so much going on, and just trying to figure out what’s important can be challenging.
- Acknowledge Your Feelings: It’s ok to have feelings and feel them without judgment. If you find you are experiencing frustration or anger – so be it. Just be careful not to take it out on anyone else – especially yourself! We are feeling beings, we’ll have feelings – it’s a fact of life. Allow them space. Once acknowledged – they move through us faster!
- Practice Gratitude and Thoughtfulness: A practice of gratitude helps start the day off, no matter how you’re feeling. Put a sticky note up somewhere as a reminder.
- Kindness to Self and Others: You may find yourself thinking about someone, maybe having a fleeting thought or a sudden feeling of love in your heart. Act on that feeling – write out a card or get in touch! Sometimes these inspirations are not random.
- Self Love and Care: Take time for yourself. Taking time out can help relieve so much stress and worry. Make you a priority, sometimes easier said than done – but necessary.
- Stay Open: The Universe has so much help and solutions available to us! If we are too busy and stressed – we can’t hear or see it.
5 Essentials for Physical Health
Physical health plays a vital and important role in our vitality and well-being, as we all know when our health is compromised. Taking care of ourselves can keep us healthier!
- Listen to Your Body: first and foremost. If your body is tired – get some rest – fifteen minutes of down time can do a world of good. Say “No” to things you don’t want to do. Your body will know if you have the energy for it or not.
- Slow Down: remember to breathe. Getting wrapped in what’s going on in our lives can put us on a fast track whether we like it or not. Focusing on breathing once in a while will help get you present!
- Watch Where Your Feet are Going: Sometimes I find my mind is faster than my body. This can lead to accidents and mishaps. I get a clue when my feet are taking me into a room and my mind asks “Why did I come in here?”
- Eat What’s Right for You: How many diets are there? Millions. Talk about stress. Eat what’s right for your body. We are all different – trust your body. Worry and stress put weight on and cause wear and tear on our organs. When we are listening to ourselves – we can relax, have fun and enjoy!
- Spend Time in Nature: If I ever want to feel restored, I go into nature! It is the best remedy around!
5 Essentials for Mind-Health
Keeping the mind clear helps us to think and focus better. If our minds are cluttered with this and that – we can’t function at capacity.
- Integrity: Are you listening to yourself and acting in accordance with your own inner integrity? Have you been gossiping? What is your truth and are you living by it? Living in integrity keeps our “house” free and clear!
- Authenticity: Are you being authentic? Do you find yourself doing things and saying things to please others? What do you want? What do you need? Standing for yourself will ease stress in your life!
- Make lists: Get it out of the mind and onto paper (or a device)!
- Be your word: Do as you say you’re going to do – if not it will only wear on you. If you can’t do as promised – say so, clean it up by communicating. Unsaid things can cause the most stress.
- Trust yourself: If you feel something strongly – go for it! Learn to trust yourself by remembering the consequences of the last time you didn’t.
5 Essentials for Spiritual Health
Many of us don’t pay much attention to our spiritual health, but it is important!
- Listen to Yourself: You and only you know what’s best for you and your well-being. Have the courage to listen and act when necessary.
- Go Quiet – Get Present: Your inner voice may be trying to tell you something very important. Sometimes we are afraid of what we might hear, understandable, especially if our lives are calling for some needed changes. Give it a try, listen and you might be surprised. I find that voice only has my best interest at heart.
- Pay Attention to Guidance: Once guidance is received – pay attention to it, do as it says in order to avoid possible set backs and unwanted hassles.
- Discernment: Practicing discernment is vital – Who is truthful? Who can I trust? What voice in my head is the one I need to listen to? Find out where in your body you feel the truth: for some it’s a “gut” feeling, some feel it in their heart, others just know. Practice the art of discernment by paying attention to your physical leads.
- Have faith: You can trust yourself, and you can trust your higher power. Lots of times when things get too stressful – I turn them over to God. There is a great affirmation I love by Florence Scovel Shinn: I cast the burden on the Christ within and I go free!
Pick one favorite and practice that one. Do the best you can, and if you find you are stressed and reacting – no worries, brush yourself off and take a breath!